Beta Program

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Feedback' started by Clint Cozier, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Clint Cozier

Clint Cozier New Member

Are you still adding to the beta testing group? I'm an academic writer, and Author seems like a dream program. I'd love to be included in the beta program, I signed up weeks and weeks ago. I'm hoping that you're so close to launch that you're no longer adding to the beta testing group, that would be good news to me. If not, what do I need to do to be included in the beta testing group? I've got experience with all kinds of writing enviornmnets from Nota Bene, Mellel and Word to Ulysses and Scrivener. I'm a bit obsessive about my writing tools.

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Administrator Staff Member

Hi Clint,

we are indeed close to the launch. We're making a few changes in our infrastructure (downloads and accounting) before adding the next batch of testers. We will add more before we go live, so please hang on a little longer.

Gus likes this.
  3. Clint Cozier

Clint Cozier New Member

Still rather impatiently waiting........

4. beninoz

beninoz Active Member

it'll be worth the wait. (y)

Hendrik likes this.
  5. Hendrik

We're sending out invites again, so check your inboxes. :)

6. Jennifer Felton

Jennifer Felton New Member

I got my invite today, so yay! Very excited to try out the program!

7. Avanish Patil

Avanish Patil New Member

Waiting for my invite !!!

8. mirko

mirko New Member

Enrolled today!
    I do hope it is not just a Windows version as the pictures on the website suggest, keeping fingers crossed for a solid macOS application!

9. Clint Cozier

Clint Cozier New Member

I got my invite, "O Happy Day, O Happy Day!" Now more wating........

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    beninoz likes this.
  10. Paolo

Paolo New Member

I second Mirko hopes, and raise: what about an Atari version? It's some 15 years old (but still kicking...)

11. Hendrik

We must think about Atari in silent nostalgia. If you tell people "this has something to do with Atari", they'll first and foremost think: OLD!

We have an awesome MacOS version, so Apple fans don't need to worry about the Windows screenshots.

12. Paolo

Paolo New Member

I was kidding, of course! And I fully understand what you are talking about. However, I do really think the Atari version was a wonderful piece of software (and as you surely know, I own the licenses for all three platforms)

Hendrik likes this.
  13. Bernd Seidl

Bernd Seidl New Member

Thanks Hendrik, for the beta version, and hello to all from Australia! As long term users of Papyrus we know the history and are part of it. During the 90ties I used a different platform, too ;), now I am a happy Mac user. As I am not a native English speaker, I will try to translate some of my short stories from German into English, beside checking some professional texts from my times as a music therapist here. Mainly I will focus on the features listed under spell checking. Interesting and challenging in a way, that the number of listed words as synonyms is much more extended than in the German version. Enjoy your Easter holidays!! Bernd Seidl

Hendrik likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice