Papyrus Author can be given start parameters via command lines (only in Windows). The special start parameters are:
- -q (quiet) Papyrus Author will not open a document window and the print dialog will not appear. Other dialogs, however, can be displayed. After the operation, Papyrus Author will quit automatically.
- -x (exit) Exit Papyrus Author after this operation
- -p (print) Print document on the default printer
- -p>PRINTER Print document on the selected printer
Example: Papyrus -q “-p>HP Deskjet 500” Document.pap
- -i (import) Import; the next parameter contains the path for the file to import
- -e (export) Export; the next parameter contains the path for the file to export
Example: Papyrus -q Document.pap -e Document.rtf
- -s (save) Save document on the top; if “save as” is selected, the extension will contain the file type (“*.pap”, “*.doc”, “*.rtf”, …).
Papyrus -q template.pap -i data.asc -s data.pap -x
Papyrus Author will open in “quiet” mode (without any monitor activity). Then the file “template.pap” will be opened and the file “data.asc” imported into it. Lastly, the result will be saved as “data.pap,” and the program will quit.